Aatmnirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana

The Aatmnirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana is an employment scheme announced by the Finance Minister on 12th November 2020 to boost employment in India post the COVID-19 pandemic. It aims to incentivize creation of new job opportunities during the coronavirus recovery phase under the Aatma Nirbhar Bharat 3.0 package.

Benefits for Employees

The scheme will provide subsidy for new employees engaged by establishments registered with EPFO. For establishments employing up to 1000 employees, the government will provide employee's contributions (12% of Wages) and employer’s contributions (12% of wages) totalling 24% of wages for 2 years from registration.

Benefits for Employers

To encourage job creation, establishments registered with EPFO and employing more than 1000 employees will be reimbursed EPF contributions for all new recruits for 2 years. The Government will pay both 12% employee’s EPF contribution and 12% employer’s EPF contribution amounting to 24% of new payroll.

Eligibility Criteria

Any establishment registered with EPFO can avail this incentive for recruitment of eligible employees. The new employees should have salary less than Rs.15,000 per month and should not have been part of any EPFO payroll earlier. They should join EPFO between 1 Oct 2020 to 30 June 2021 to avail this scheme which is operational till 31 March 2022.

Application Process

Establishments only need to upload employee details through ESTABLISHMENT ACTION FOR ABRY (ECR) portal to claim incentives. There is no need to apply separately under ABRY. Subsidy amount will appear in the ECR portal monthly once ECR is filed.

Important Details - Aatmnirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana

Scheme Details
Announced 12 November 2020
Target Group Unemployed due to COVID-19
Type of Assistance Incentive for Job Creation
Implementing Agency EPFO
Scheme Tenure Till 31 March 2022


The Aatmnirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana aims to boost employment generation and economic recovery from the impact of COVID-19 pandemic. It offers social security to workers and incentives for job creators to hire new employees.


Q1: Who announced the Aatmnirbhar Rozgar Yojana scheme?

A1: The scheme was announced by the Finance Minister of India Nirmala Sitharaman under Aatma Nirbhar Bharat 3.0 package on 12 November 2020.

Q2: What is the total government incentive amount per new employee?

A2: The government will provide subsidy amounting to 24% of monthly wages of every new employee for 2 years under this scheme.

Q3: What is the maximum monthly salary to be eligible under the scheme?

A3: Only those new recruits with monthly salary less than Rs. 15,000 will be eligible for government contribution under the ABRY scheme.

Q4: Who will provide the incentive amount to establishments?

A4: EPFO will disburse the monthly subsidy amount in employer's account after establishments file the ECR every month.

Q5: Where can I apply for this yojana online?

A5: There is no need for any separate online application under the scheme. Establishments only need to file an ECR with EPFO every month for registered employees.

Q6: Whom can I contact for assistance regarding ABRY?

A6: You can contact the ABRY helpdesk at toll free number 1800118005 for any queries or assistance regarding the scheme.


Sarkari Awaaz | Sarkari Job | Sarkari Result