Karnataka NEET 2021 Merit List - Details and Steps to Download

Karnataka NEET 2021 merit list and counseling process. It explains how to download the merit list and key dates. Structured with introduction, 5 headings, conclusion, table, and FAQ.

The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) releases the NEET merit list and conducts counseling for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in the state. The counseling is done based on the NEET exam scores of candidates.

About Karnataka NEET Counseling

The KEA conducts counseling for 85% state quota seats in Karnataka medical and dental colleges. The remaining 15% seats are managed by the central government. Counseling involves registering online, paying fees, filling choices, seat allotment and reporting to colleges.

Counseling dates are announced by KEA after the NEET results are declared. The authority prepares and releases the merit list of eligible candidates for counseling.

Karnataka NEET 2021 Merit List

The Karnataka NEET 2021 merit list is prepared category-wise based on the NEET marks and rankings of candidates. It includes details like application number, roll number, candidate name, NEET score, All India Rank (AIR), category rank, and remarks.

Separate merit lists are released for medical and dental admissions. Candidates have to register on the portal as per their rank and fill in choices of colleges and courses.

Steps to Download Karnataka NEET Merit List 2021

When released, candidates can download the Karnataka NEET 2021 merit list by following these steps:

  1. Go to the KEA counseling website - https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea
  2. Click on the 'NEET UG Merit List' link
  3. The NEET merit list PDF will open for the respective categories
  4. Search your application number and download the list
  5. Take a printout for future reference

Key Dates for Karnataka NEET 2021 Counseling

Important dates for this year's Karnataka NEET counseling are mentioned below:

  • Registration process - Yet to begin
  • Merit list release - Yet to begin
  • Choice filling - Yet to begin
  • Seat allotment result - Yet to begin
  • Reporting at colleges - Yet to begin

Candidates are advised to keep checking the KEA website regularly for updates on counseling schedule.

Documents Needed for Counseling

The following documents have to be produced by candidates at the time of counseling:

  • NEET 2021 admit card
  • NEET scorecard
  • Class 10 certificate for age proof
  • Class 12 marks sheet
  • Domicile certificate
  • Category certificate (if applicable)
  • ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
Particulars Details
Counselling Authority Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)
Official Website cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea
Number of Seats 85% State Quota seats in colleges
Helpline Numbers Will be updated on website
Documents Required Admit card, Scorecard, Age proof, Marks sheets

Conclusion

We have provided complete details on the Karnataka NEET 2021 merit list release, counseling process and admission to medical and dental colleges. Eligible candidates are advised to prepare all documents beforehand for a smooth admission process.

FAQs

Q1: When will KEA release the NEET 2021 merit list?

Ans: The Karnataka NEET 2021 merit list release date has not been announced yet by KEA. It is expected to be released in the coming weeks.

Q2: What is the eligibility criteria for Karnataka NEET counseling?

Ans: Candidates should have qualified NEET 2021 exam and meet the cut-off scores to be eligible for Karnataka NEET 2021 counseling.

Q3: How to get OBC reservation benefit in Karnataka NEET counseling?

Ans: OBC candidates have to produce valid category certificates issued by competent authorities to get admission in reserved categories.

Q4: How are ties resolved in the Karnataka NEET merit list?

Ans: In case of a tie in the NEET score of candidates, certain factors like age, application number etc. will be considered to break the tie.

Q5: Is there any reservation for local candidates in Karnataka NEET counseling?

Ans: Yes, some seats are reserved for local candidates who have studied in Karnataka for a certain period as per rules. Domicile certificates have to be produced for this.

Q6: How many rounds of counseling will KEA conduct?

Ans: KEA will conduct multiple rounds of counseling till all seats are filled. Details will be provided on their portal.

 

Sarkari Awaaz | Sarkari Job | Sarkari Result

Tags